Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The second month anniversary


Angie's sweet thoughts, on the second month anniversary, of her amazing husband's passing:  


  "I was able to attend a widows/widowers conference recently.  I woke up the morning of the conference a little nervous to go and thought about not going. The thought quickly vanished because I knew Casey would tell me that I should meet some new friends who better understand what I am going through. It was an all day conference so I started searching for some breath mints.  I had a thought that maybe I had some in my church bag.  I searched in one of the small, side pockets in my bag and couldn't feel the breath mint package.  I was trying to think where else I would have some when the thought came to my mind to check the same pocket again. I checked the pocket again and reached my fingers all of the way to the bottom of the pocket and found something else. I pulled it out, and found a long lost necklace Casey had given to me for a Valentine's Day gift a couple of years ago.  It was wrapped in knots around a kid's plastic spider ring. 
   A few days previous in the week... I wasn't having the best of days. I was really, really missing Casey and reminiscing on things.  One of those things was the necklace he had given me a few years ago as a Valentine's Day gift.  It was a blue topaz necklace, because topaz is my birthstone.  I had lost this necklace about 2 years ago and after looking for a couple of months I figured I had vacuumed it up inadvertently and it was gone forever. That day I was wishing I would have taken better care of where I had placed it because Casey had given it to me. 

   Back to the morning of the conference....To me, finding this necklace was Casey's way of saying "I love you Angie." I knew he loved me, and wanted me to have a good time and meet new people who could help uplift my spirits.  So I did go and I did meet new people who are in a similar circumstance as I am.  I enjoyed the speakers and just being able to talk to so many people openly about things.  

  The past few days I have heard a song a lot on the radio and each time I hear it I can almost hear Casey telling me that life is meant to be lived and we are all meant to be happy.  The song is "Happy" by Pharrell Williams."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM


PHARRELL WILLIAMS LYRICS

                                                              "Happy"

[Verse 1:]
It might seem crazy what I’m about to say
Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break
I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way

[Hook:]
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

[Verse 2:]
Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don’t waste your time
Here’s why

[Hook]

Hey, come on

[Bridge:]
(happy)
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
I said (let me tell you now)
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
I said

[Hook 2x]

Hey, come on

(happy)
Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down… my level's too high…
Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)

[Hook 2x]

Come on




   "I will have really bad days, really good days and all days in between.  It takes experiencing the bad days to recognize and really appreciate the good days.  I know that Christ knows exactly, and has felt exactly, what I am going through, and I love him so much for that!  One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Nephi 2:25.  It reads, "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." May we remember this as we go through our busy lives, to sit back and enjoy our life and our family!"

1 comment:

  1. That is terrific you were able to find that necklace. I really love your outlook Angie, and I love that song!

    ReplyDelete