Thursday, June 19, 2014

5 Month Mark: June 19, 2014

June 19, 2014: 5 Month Mark

On May 6, 2014 a great woman, Kathy Wilson, passed away.  I like to think that Casey was one of the first to welcome Kathy home with his great, big, loving, bear hug.  I am sure they are in Heaven keeping each other laughing J

Last year a 5K was run for both Casey and Kathy and I remember how great a day it was! So many who loved Casey and Kathy came to show their support.  I remember how happy Casey and Kathy looked and I was so touched to see how many great people there are in this world!



I was honored to be able to visit Kathy one last time before she passed.  The night before I visited her I was reading a book called, “Pete the Cat: I love my White Shoes” to Max and Tenley.  The moral of the story reminded me of both Casey and Kathy and I felt like I needed to share it with Kathy.  So I showed up to the hospital and read it to Kathy, just how I read it to my kids… with the funny voices and sad attempt at singing. 

This is a summary of what the book is about.
Pete the cat loves his white shoes.  He loves them so very much that he sings about them.  One day while he is walking and singing he steps in some strawberries and his shoes turn red.  But instead of becoming angry, he sings about how much he loves his red shoes.  When he steps in mud and his shoes turn brown, instead of becoming angry, he sings about how much he loves his brown shoes.  He goes on to step in a few more things but just keeps walking along and singing his song.
Pete's philosophy is summed up at the end by his statement that "no matter what you step in just keep walking along and singing your song."  This book provides a very simple message in his final words to the reader: "It's all good." 
Casey had never read this book, but one of the things he said through all of his challenges is that, “Life is good.”  

Going through what I have I realize that the little things in life don’t really matter as much as we think they do.  So when I make a mistake or the kids do something they shouldn’t I just try to remind myself that life really is all good; to not sweat the small stuff, but to focus on why we are here on this earth and what we would really like to accomplish with the time we are given.
Last August Casey shared a quote on Facebook by President Gordon B. Hinckley. "Stop seeking out the storms and more fully enjoy the sunlight."

Thank you Casey and Kathy for being great examples on how we should more fully enjoy the sunlight in our lives, we love and miss you!
Casey’s stone got placed two days before Father’s Day.  What a great Father’s Day gift.  Happy Father’s Day to the best Daddy ever!  We love you so much.  Our love for you will never dim and we can’t wait for the time when we get to see you again J



Thanks again to all those who have shown and still do show so much love towards our family J

While preparing my blog posts songs often pop into my head.  I would like to share this month’s song with you.

A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief:

All of the verses are great, but I would like to share 1, 6 and 7.

1. A poor, wayfaring Man of grief
Hath often crossed me on my way,
Who sued so humbly for relief
That I could never answer nay.
I had not pow'r to ask his name,
Whereto he went, or whence he came;
Yet there was something in his eye
That won my love; I knew not why.

6. In pris'n I saw him next, condemned
To meet a traitor's doom at morn.
The tide of lying tongues I stemmed,
And honored him 'mid shame and scorn.
My friendship's utmost zeal to try,
He asked if I for him would die.
The flesh was weak; my blood ran chill,
But my free spirit cried, "I will!"
7. Then in a moment to my view
The stranger started from disguise.
The tokens in his hands I knew;
The Savior stood before mine eyes.
He spake, and my poor name he named,
"Of me thou hast not been ashamed.
These deeds shall thy memorial be;
Fear not, thou didst them unto me."

Mathew 25: 34-40

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.


No comments:

Post a Comment