Monday, January 13, 2014

Angie's thoughts on Sunday

Like many people, Angie has been keeping a journal of her days throughout this experience. She felt comfortable sharing yesterday, Sundays, entry with everyone so that's what Sundays update is going to contain. Here it is :


Sunday, January 12, 2014:

TREAUSURES

"Today I am thinking about treasures.  If I asked Max about treasure he would most likely tell me that it is pirate’s treasure because he is totally into pirates.  The treasure that I have been thinking about the last two days is more along the treasure that you can’t actually touch, but the treasure that has always been there.  That is the treasure of spending quality time with those we love.  We seem to take for granted sometimes in our daily lives those that mean the most to us.  We get busy with things on our own agenda and neglect those things that really matter to us.  These last few days I have spent with Casey are days that I will forever treasure in my heart and my mind.  When everyone else goes to sleep I like to snuggle up with Casey and we like to chat, read scriptures and say our nightly prayers just like we usually do.  He seems to be pretty alert at this time of night for a little while and I think he is also treasuring being together for what may be our last moments together.  So remember to always treasure those you love and never, ever take them for granted.  I am so glad that I am allowed this time to be able to say goodbye to my honey :) "

And here is a quick update :
Casey is still holding strong and the hospice nurse said that since his vitals and color are still so good for someone in his position, he might even hold out for another week. That's crazy! And very weird; especially since we were not even expecting him to be here still. We will continue to still just take it day by day, step by step.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your amazing strength and courage. You are in our thoughts and prayers. My youngest remembers you every day, "...and please bless the Wheelersezz." He emphasizes the s and adds the z. We're all thinking of you. Love the Cardall's, Charlene, Meghan, Brittany, Emily and Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much love and admiration for Casey and Angie! Your whole family is in my prayers. I'm so grateful that I had to see my sister Stephanie everyday in Syracuse so that I was able to get to know Angie and Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good points, Angie; let us not hide our treasures from ourselves, then need a map to find them again.
    All our best wishes,
    Tamara, Rob and Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Casey are simply an amazing couple.

    ReplyDelete